Download, Print, and Build - 2 Engine Sheds, 2 Railway Stations, 2 Train Platforms, Signal Box, Goods Depot, And A Telegraph Office
Special Package Deal! Save Up To 64% Today!
- These scale model railway designs are straightforward and fun to construct. Each design includes easy-to-follow diagrams demonstrating what to do).
- The plans come to you in the popular PDF format which takes a very short time to download.
- You can save the individual plans on your computer hard drive (or back them up on a portable hard-drive, or use a removable USB stick) so you'll have them for future use.
- Each design is easy to print and scale to HO, N scale or OO gauge (see details below).
- You can download them once, and then be able to print out more than one copy if that's what you want, without the needing to purchase more downloads. Good thing is; there is no restriction the number of copies you print provided each copy is used exclusively for your private/personal use on your model railroad layout. Sharing these website designs is a strict breach of international copyright.
- These downloadable plans are all pre-weathered and precisely detailed with the incredible accuracy and realism. You can (if you choose) touch up the edges when you’ve finished the building process. A lead pencil works very well, or even a felt-tipped pen, on an artist brush... but depending on your construction skills, touch-ups probably won’t be necessary.
- These, and all plans on this website, are covered by our 60 day money-back guarantee; because we are confident you’ll be truly satisfied with what you construct, especially the moment you see these model railway buildings nicely positioned on your layout alongside your scenery and trains.
- All plans can be purchased seperately:
- B434 Large Railway Station $9.95
- B441 Large Platform $7.50
- B431 Small Train Station $8.50
- B442 Small Platform $5.50
- B435 Wood Design Engine Shed $9.95
- B437 Steel Design Engine Shed $9.95
- B432 Signal Box $7.50
- B440 Goods Freight Depot $9.95
- B439 Telegraph Office $6.50
The wonderful world of model trains is truly amazing with the versatility that comes with creating your very own miniature world. Although you can buy almost everything you will need from a local hobby store or online train supplier, there is one essential item that can’t be bought or sold… that’s your imagination!
Designing and constructing your own railroad layout can be a real thrill. This wonderful hobby truly has something for everyone. Building, art, woodworking, electrics and electronics, mechanics, all of these can be found somewhere on your railroad layout.
Realistic scenery brings a railroad to life
Scenery is what ultimately distinguishes a model railroad from a toy train set. Scenery is about the setting and telling a story about the trains and the landscape they travel through.
Scenery is how you choose to really showcase what you’ve created. It can be a product of your own skills and unique imagination, and there’s nothing more gratifying than to look over your miniature world and think proudly, “I created all this!” Your powers of observation will be exercised and honed as you learn the techniques and become aware of all of the minute details that surround you in the real world and try to create them in miniature.
While many miniature railroads are never completely finished, adding some good scenery and structures can go a long way to giving that 'finished' look.
When constructing your railway layout you will develop many new skills, or at the very least refine some of your existing skills. Take it from me; there is a huge level of satisfaction in being able to create, or construct something yourself, especially when you are able to do it for less money than it would cost you to purchase the plastic kits and railroad scenery ready-made. It is also a good skill to be able to customize something enabling it to fit into a specific location on your railroad. These are certainly skills well worth developing.
If you are looking to buy plastic kits, or railroad buildings from cardstock, or purchasing laser cut railway buildings... then consider these railroad structures as a cost effective high quality alternative. They are not just plans, but are complete printable designs delivered by instant download directly to your computer... so you can make as many copies as you want from the one download. Simply print them on the paper or card of your choosing. You can adapt them to fit whatever scene scenario you are modeling.
The printable model kits for sale here are easy to assemble, extremely strong when constructed, and are already pre weathered so there is no painting required. When you look through the designs on this website you'll see how amazingly realistic these downloadable card kit railroad structures are, and how easy they are to build from scratch. They'll look great on a layout with trains operating in the scene.
You can make your scale buildings from cardstock, foam, or corflute. You can simply assemble them or add additional internal strengthening if you want to make your railways buildings super strong. Basswood, balsawood, corflute, and foam are ideal materials for making bases, floors, or adding internal supports to walls or roofs. Doing this is a really easy process and will ensure your train station, signal box, or any model railway building withstands the test of time.
Weathering like on a real railroad
If there’s one thing you’ll observe when planning your scale railroad, it’s that the rest of the world (in real life) is definitely not well maintained. In real life, buildings not only fade, but also fall into disrepair, neglect and outright dilapidation. The areas around real prototype railroads can be particularly dirty as a result of diesel or stream trains passing by. If you place a group of shiny new rolling stock and new-looking structures on your layout, you’ll never escape the toy like appearance of the miniatures. Whether HO scale, OO gauge, N scale or any scale - the trains need to look real to avoid appearing to be just toy.
As a modeler, realism is usually a high priority. So, if you want the scene to look authentic, you’ll need to be prepared to make that shiny new Bachmann locomotive or caboose positively grimy to get the right effect. Almost nothing outside in the real world is clean, and that is the philosophy you might want to keep in mind for your rail layout as well. Railroad operators (in the real world) are notoriously cost conscious, so they seldom spend money sprucing up the rolling stock and motive power, or their buildings and structures either! The technique of weathering can effectively and believably enhance the realism of any scene.
Making your railroad your own
The end result is in your hands, because ultimately you are creating YOUR RAILROAD. For that reason it should to be a railway layout you will enjoy constructing and operating. What others in the hobby might think about your techniques doesn’t really matter. It is your choice as to how accurately (or not) you choose to follow the theme and specific details of a prototype railroad. Your layout and the trains you choose to operate needs to be what you personally want (not what others might prefer).
The various operating scenarios will need to keep you interested especially when you have completed the construction phase. That’s not to say you won’t notice many things you could do (or might have done) differently. Everything from constructing the bench work to operating the trains should be fun. Truth is; your model railroad will probably be a permanent work in progress… so enjoy the journey!
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 1444 S. Entertainment Ave., Suite 410 Boise, ID 83709, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.